Black Friday is the single largest shopping day of the year. Black Friday is typically the Friday after Thanksgiving when shoppers are hoping to get fantastic deals on items. Needless to say, this is the best time for buyers to go looking for deals for digital signage TVs. However, before you go out to purchase the HD TV for your digital signage display, it is important for you to understand a couple of things about digital signage screens.
This sale is called Black Friday as most businesses who participate in this tradition, offer such a substantial discount on their inventory including televisions that the profits generated by them on that one single day is big enough to make them profitable for the full year.
Whether you run a doctor’s office, own a pub or manage a boutique store, reaching your audience fast and efficiently is fundamental to the success of your business. Digital signage makes it easy for you to reach your target audience by broadcasting your message in a way that is easy for your customers to view and learn about your business. While your regular TVs will prioritize on refresh rates, panel technology, and pixel counts, commercial digital signage displays are built for simple deployment, reliability, and durability. Needless to say, buying a digital signage TV will not be as easy as choosing a TV for your home or office.
There are a few things you should understand about shopping for digital signage displays. The following five factors will dictate your choice the most:
- Your objectives. The main question you need to ask yourself is what you want to accomplish with digital signage. If you want your viewers to relate to the content, you may want to go with the screen that has touch capabilities. If you are using a single screen to serve a large room, you need to go with a larger screen. Simply put, your objectives are the main considerations you have to make when choosing a screen.
- Smart TV. Digital signage media players are independent devices and manage the content that is shown on the screen. Since you will be using a media player, there is n need for the TV to be a Smart TV – the media player will handle all the content management.
- Environmental factors. You need to consider brightness if the TV screens are used outdoors. How well protected the screen is against the general factors in the target area, such as high humidity, will also need to be considered.
- Resolution. Do you need a standard TV, Full HD, 4K, or U-HD display? The choice of TV resolution will depend on the quality of content you will be displaying.
- Software and player compatibility. The right digital signage TV needs to be compatible with your media player and software.
- Reputation.The reputation of the TVs brand and their after sales support.
These are the key factors you need to consider when shopping for a screen for your digital signage content. So, how do you do this on a Black Friday sale? The first thing you need to remember is that time is of the essence and you have to make quick decisions. In addition to considering the factors above, below are some of the important things you need to do when purchasing digital signage TV during Black Friday sale.
- Research early
A common mistake made by shoppers is that of not taking the time to research their options. People choose to purchase items on Black Friday because of the fantastic savings. What you might not already know is that some retailers will offer extremely low prices on the items that are of poor quality. The last thing you want is to end up with a display screen that has a poor resolution or one that breaks down within a month or two.
If you plan on buying the TV on Black Friday, it is imperative that you know what to look for. In addition to the factors discussed earlier, you should be aware of the brand that you plan on purchasing. You need to do some research to understand the best brands to go with when it comes to the purchase of digital signage screens. You also need to identify the best retailer for your needs.
- Act fast
Act fastOne thing you need to remember about Black Friday is that the best deals will only last a few minutes or even in some instances as quick as a few seconds. This means in addition to knowing what to look for in a digital signage TV and knowing where to buy it; you have to be quick. If you are lucky enough to get the deals that last just a few minutes, you can get the TV for digital signage for half or even a quarter of its retail price.
- Don't only focus on Friday
To beat the competition, most retailers start offering their deals early. The discounted sales typically start during the week leading to Black Friday. For example, Amazon launched its Black Friday sale in 2015 a week earlier. The retailers’ goal is not just to beat the competition but also to lure more shoppers in by creating hype. The fact that you want to purchase a digital signage TV during Black Friday sale means you would have to keep an eye out for deals, in the weeks before the big day.
- Take note of hidden costs
Just because you will be shopping on Black Friday does not mean you are guaranteed to save. At times, you may not save as much as you thought you would. This is mostly because some retailers will add hidden costs. Take note of such costs like shipping. Other times, the retailer may claim there is a 50% off on the TV only to learn that its original retail price was already doubled. You need to keep your eyes out for the hidden costs.
- Always plan ahead
Once you decide on the television you want to buy; it is good to know where you can find them. You also have to make certain that your selected store offers special Black Friday deals. Don’t forget to bookmark the online stores that stock the signage TV that you are looking for.
- Pay attention to the delivery time
When purchasing digital signage TV during Black Friday sale, you need to check the delivery times to make sure they will arrive in time for your deployment date. The vendor should provide the estimated delivery times at the date of purchase.
- Be patient
The best tip you can get on purchasing a digital signage screen on Black Friday is to be patient. When shopping in a store, give the staffs time to serve you. They are dealing with an increased number of shoppers.
These are important tips to consider when shopping for digital signage TVs during Black Friday sales. Although these points will help make better choices, you always need to question the discounts. The biggest discounts at times could be given on low-quality or unbranded televisions with poor picture quality or lack of support.